WORLD FEDERATION OF TRADE UNIONS
SOLIDARITY WITH THE BIG NATIONAL STRIKE ORGANIZED BY CGTP AND THE
SOCIAL-POLITICAL COORDINATING COMMITTEE FROM PERU ON JULY 9TH,
The World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU) addresses the
international community to inform and express our full solidarity with our
colleagues from the General Confederation of Workers of Peru (CGTP) and the
Social Political Coordinating Committee, who have organized with other important
social organizations the big National Strike on July 9th , for the
The government of Peru of Mr. Alan Garcia Perez has
NOT kept their electoral promises, it has deceited the workers and the people of
Peru, it has not fulfilled the main demands of the workers and regional
organizations from Peru and it keeps implementing neoliberal policies. The
workers’ situation has worsen, the economic growth does not benefit the
poor people, the government has started a dirty campaign for the discredit of
the trade union and social movement, the CGTP has declared that the government
of Mr. Garcia is working just for the transnationals. Therefore, the demands of
the National Strike are:
- A change in the neoliberal policy.
- Solutions for the demands of the National Strike, the workers and the social regional organizations.
- Approval of the General Law of Work in favor of workers.
- No more OUTSOURCING or PRECARIOUS WORK. 70% of the workers are over exploited, without any social or trade union right.
- Salaries increase and restitution of the right to collective bargaining.
- No more criminalization of the protests; repressive forces protected by the government are murdering the workers who protest.
- No more privatizations.
- Solutions for the demands of the national and regional workers federations in the private, public and agriculture sectors.
Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU) demands the government of Peru to listen to
and to solve the demands made by the Platform formed by CGTP, the Social
Political Coordinating Committee and other social organizations of
The WFTU calls upon all its affiliates and friends all over the
World, all the International Unions of Professional Trade Unions and specially
all the organizations in Latin America to intensify the actions of support and
solidarity with our colleagues from CGTP and the Social Political Coordinating
Please, send messages to: email@example.com
government of Peru:
peruanos de la CGTP en el centro de Lima